Boxaroo is currently composed of a couple of artists, storytellers, engineers, and puzzle enthusiasts. If you're excited about working on a small quirky team and crafting unforgettable experiences, consider shooting us an email and we'll be in touch! We have a variety of part-time and full-time positions available.
Below are some roles we're looking for- all of those roles below contain an opportunity for you to be part of the story writing and puzzle-crafting process if you so choose! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you don't fit in one of those buckets.
Send your résumé to email@example.com with a couple of sentences describing your interests. We try to respond to employement inquiries within a week, but please forgive us if we don't. Please see expanded application requirements below if you are interested in the marketing and graphic design positions.
- Be a part of a fun, witty, adventurous, and creative business that everyone is talking about
- Subsidized T-Pass
- Work with other people that are just as excited about the business and seeing it grow
- Enjoy shift flexible schedules that fit in perfectly with day jobs, classes, or other part time work
- Easy access to Boston Commons, Government Center, Quincy Market, North End, and more
Marketing Manager & Graphic Designer
Boxaroo is looking to expand by adding a Marketing and Graphic Design Assistant. This person would report to our Director of Operations and assist with generating social media content, writing copy for social media posts, strategizing future marketing initiatives, and other general administrative tasks. This would begin as a part time position (roughly 20 hours a week) with room for increased hours and responsibilities over time. Hours would be spread through a flexible Monday-Friday schedule. We are looking for someone outgoing and creative who is ready to dive into an industry that is constantly evolving, changing, and growing. Experience with marketing and graphic design is a must and all applicants are asked to submit a portfolio.
- Take a leading role in the design and development of marketing materials including print and digital for social media, emails, our website, general branding, and all other marketing initiatives.
- Develop strategies to better utilize all marketing streams. Will also be tasked with exploring new marketing opportunities.
- Work both collaboratively and independently on projects of all scales and types.
- Assist with maintaining the company's website. Responsibilities include but are not limited to updating content, assisting with page layouts, copy editing, and content generation.
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Work with the special events team to develop marketing campaigns and content to support public and private live events.
- Assist with general administrative work including but not limited to ordering, responding to emails, maintaining spreadsheets, updating mailing lists, and tracking data.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign)
- A strong design sense with attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Ability to look at design from both a graphic design and marketing standpoint
- Proven self starter with the ability to work independently
- Strong copywriting and editing skills (including for social media)
- Experience with creating marketing content for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Familiarity with Mailchimp or equivalent mass emailing platforms
- Ability to edit and build website pages using Squarespace, Wix, or an equivalent website editing program
- Time management skills and ability to juggle multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Video editing experience
- Photography and image editing experience
- Large event project management experience
- Customer service communications including cold calls, emailing, and general sales
This would begin as a part time position (roughly 20 hours a week) with room for increased hours and responsibilities over time. Hours would be spread through a flexible Monday-Friday schedule.
Please send your application to jobs (at) boxaroo.me and attach your résumé and graphic design portfolio. Additionally, instead of a cover letter, please include up to 50 words in the body of the email explaining why you are interested in the position as an example of your writing abilities. Thank you!
- Job Type: Part-Time
- Salary: $15-$25 an hour. Commensurate with experience.
- Experience: Graphic Design: 2 years (Preferred), Marketing: 2 years (Required)
- Location: Boston, MA (Required)
- Benefits: Flexible schedule
- Hours per week: 20-29
- Typical start time: 10AM
- Typical end time: 6PM
- Schedule: Monday to Friday, Day shift
- This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
As an experience operator, you'll play a big part in the running and operating of our interactive adventures. You'll interact with other Boxaroo employees as well as the players to make sure their experience goes as smoothly as possible. In particular, we'd like you to have:
- Exceptional organization skills
- Ability to think on your feet
- Experience with customer service
- Good attention to detail and customer experience
- Willingness to try something different
We're looking for full stack developers to help build new features and manage our suite of software systems. This includes our customer-facing website, in-house show controller software, and whimsical in-room applications. We use a variety of different technologies, and we prefer to move fast and break nothing.
- Preferably 2+ years of experience in full stack software development
- Node.JS, Express, React, TypeScript, or NoSQL experience is a plus
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Willingness to try something different
Excited about puzzles, but already have a full time gig elsewhere? We know that feeling. We're always looking for volunteers who'll help during our larger events, take on ad-hoc acting roles or be beta testers for new concepts. It's like sampling the exciting bits of Boxaroo without the commitment! On top of that, we usually offer food and free t-shirts.